Re: [O] Using a table value within the text (dynamic variable)?

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Using a table value within the text (dynamic variable)?
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 15:07:05 +0200

"'Mash Thomas Herbert" wrote:
> OK thanks, I have never used Babel at all, but I believe I have found
> the inline use.
>
> src_lang[args]{code}
>
> So I thought...
>
> src_emacs-lisp[var: data=example-table[2:1]]{data}
>
> But this does not work.

  src_emacs-lisp[:var data=example-table[2,1]]{data}  should work (untested)
                 ^                        ^
> Two questions...
>
> Am I right in saying even if I do get this to work, it would only
> "replace" the inline code blocks (variables) on an export?

AFAIK, yes -- I've never really used inline code blocks.

But I think you could intermix real code blocks within paragraphs, if you
don't insert any blank line (= paragraph separator).

Or have a real block doing the work, exposing the answer in your Org buffer,
and have an inline code block to "echo" the answer.

> It wouldn't work like a hyperlink and "translate" and "hide" the code block
> underneath the value?

>From what I understand from your question, "no".

Best regards,
  Seb