Re: [O] I have terminated my assignment

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [O] I have terminated my assignment
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 06:15:58 +0200

Hi,

For the record created by this mailing list thread, I would like to correct two
mistakes:

On 2.4.2013, at 10:42, Jambunathan K <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have terminated my copyright assignment to Emacs (or atleast notified
> the copyright desk).
>
> For the sake of record, I haven't authorized Bastien to move the
> ox-html.el and ox-odt.el out of the ./contrib/lisp directory in to the
> main ./lisp/ directory.  He didn't seek my permissions to move the file
> away from contrib/lisp in to lisp/.
>
> I cannot agree with Orgmode project's contention that I have given
> consent for above work to be included in Emacs proper.

When this code first entered the Org-mode repository, it was not in contrib/.
The code entered in EXPERIMENTAL/.  Both files where marked "Copyright (C)
2011-2012 FSF" and "Copyright (C) 2010-2012 FSF" from the first moment they
entered into the repository, in agreement with Jambunathan's standing
assignment with the FSF at the time.

http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/commit/EXPERIMENTAL/org-e-html.el?id=93ec2c7a5034944f5f6c77be6f37c49b4a697b72

http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/commit/EXPERIMENTAL/org-e-odt.el?id=c2ea76e71034a161d875647b27cfbd72264b5d64

The files moved to contrib/ only in April of 2012, in a period when the
exporter structure was fleshed out and completed.  This move was clearly a
staging event for a later move into core, rather than a change of copyright
assignment.  While unassigned files are are only allowed in contrib/, the
reverse is not true and never was.

> If FSF ever consults me on rights to my contributions to the above
> files, my position will ambiguously be
>
>    "Changes made by me to files ox-html.el, ox-odt.el and
>    ox-freemind.el are my own and I assert my rights over the changes.
>    Specifically, I will not acknowledge FSF as having the rights to the
>    said changes."
>
> Bastien has lost my trust very long back.  More so when he resorted to
> erasing attribution to my work.

As far as I can see, the attribution is still in the manual and in all relevant
files.  What was removed seems to be a special acknowledgement of outstanding
support for the maintainer.

- Carsten