Re: [O] :session question

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: [O] :session question
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 07:41:44 +0100

Am 26.03.2013 00:58, schrieb Michael Gauland:
Andreas Röhler <andreas.roehler <at> easy-emacs.de> writes:

Would find it more natural if ":session" is the default, while a command
"refresh" makes a new one.

I don't think so, but perhaps I'm just used to the way it works now.  I use a
mix of session and non-session blocks. When I use plantuml, dot, or asymptote to
generate images, I don't use sessions (I'm not sure these languages even support
sessions).

Which is a strong argument for the present explicit way. Otherwise it would be
hard to detect if
results are kept or not.

Thanks,

Andreas

I almost always use sessions for R, because I want to use the same
data in different blocks. I also generally use sessions for Racket (scheme),
even when I don't to share data across blocks, so I don't need to wait for the
interpreter to start up for each block.

Kind Regards,
Mike Gauland