Re: [O] :session question

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] :session question
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 06:37:35 -0600

>> Question from here:
>>
>> I use mainly R and have there set file wide
>>
>> #+PROPERTY: session "R-session"
>>
>> But I also have bash code, which would be evaluated in the R session, unless
>> I use
>>
>> #+begin_src sh :session sh-session
>> #+end_src
>>
>> But I do not need a session for the bash code blocks - so would :session
>> "none" disable session
>> for this source block?
>> This would be great!

Yes

>> Also: it would be quite nice if one could set the session argument specific
>> for languages, so that
>> I could file wide
>>
>> #+PROPERTY: R-session "R"
>> #+PROPERTY: sh-session "sh"
>>

> +1

This can be done system wide by setting the language-specific header
arguments.  This can also be done file-wide through the use of file
local variables (instead of the property line above).

Please read through the header argument documentation to see the many
different ways in which header arguments may be set.

http://orgmode.org/manual/Using-header-arguments.html

Best,

--
Eric Schulte