Re: [O] GFDL

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] GFDL
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 16:42:13 +0100

Hi Carsten,

> I find it very hard to believe that this must be the case.  It
> bothers me mostly for the guide, where I did spend a lot of time to
> make it compact, and now something like one fifth of it is license
> text.  We may actually consider to re-release the guide under a
> different license.

It has to be noted that this policy has only been recently observed
for Emacs manuals... before I asked about the GPL licensing of Org's
manual on emacs-devel, there were a few manuals that still didn't
embed the license.

Also, I don't think this policy needs to be applied to orgguide.texi
since it is not distributed with GNU Emacs.  A simple sentence like
"You should have received a version of the GNU FDL license with GNU
Emacs" should be okay IMO.

Best,

--
 Bastien