Re: [O] Spelled out example of org-latex-format-headline-function custom

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Spelled out example of org-latex-format-headline-function customization?
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 17:37:12 +0100

John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:

> So the docstring is just the documentation definition? (In this case
> "Documentation: Function for formatting the headline's text..."?)

Yes.

>> C-h f org-latex-format-headline-default-function RET
>>
>> will show you the docstring of the function.
>
> And in this case: "(org-latex-format-headline-default-function TODO
> TODO-TYPE PRIORITY TEXT TAGS)"?

Not exactly... Emacs display the documentation after the definition of
the function and its arguments.

The definition here is:

  Default format function for a headline.
  See `org-latex-format-headline-function' for details.

> Good to know. It seems that variables *could* be passed to the format
> function. After all, the function takes five arguments which are all
> either strings or nil... so it would seem that one could have a
> variable like:
>
> (setq org-latex-headline-format ("string" "string" "string" "string"
> "string")) which would feed into the default-headline-function
> function.
>
> Or splitting out into separate variables. Seems like the tension is
> between minimizing locations to make all of these settings and ease of
> use (for noobs).

This is what our discussion with Nicolas is really about.
There are problems with tags, though: you need to handle them
one by one, not as a string.

I'll send news if any!

--
 Bastien