Re: [O] posting guide?

From: Bastien
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 21:33:30 +0100

Hi Jay,

Jay Kerns <address@hidden> writes:

> I have a mental "first draft" of things that could go in one, but
> there's no point moving forward if there isn't a general feeling
> that this would be something good to do.

Well, I would not invest too much time on this, personally.

>From experience, such a drafting process takes a lot of time.  And at
the end, you're not always sure that the whole community comes: to an
agreement... only the ones who care, who are obviously not the ones
the guidelines want to reach.

Why not trying another approach and have a hall of fame for great
posts sent on this lists?  Examples of good/thorough explanations,
example of detailed bug reports, etc.  It would be both encouraging
and educating, maybe.

What do you think?

--
 Bastien