Re: [O] Create course material with org-mode

From: W. Greenhouse
Subject: Re: [O] Create course material with org-mode
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 15:40:15 +0000

Hi Torsten,

Torsten Wagner <address@hidden> writes:

> Actually the topic is not exactly OT, I'm looking for a "meta-system"
> which helps me to keep all those different things together.
> Hopefully, in a way which allows me to generate different kind of
> course material from the same sources.
> I was wondering, can org-mode be such a "meta-system" e.g. could I
> keep materials of a certain topic within a single org-file and use
> (customized) exporters to create the desired outputs like a
> interactive HTML version, a printable PDF, exercises and questions
> for exams?

Org should be ideal for this.  Each subtree can be configured with its
own export settings, so e.g. you can use a different LaTeX style for the
lecture slides, exams, and problem sets.

Don't forget also that you can measure student progress in this file,
too :) Org has a spreadsheet, and you could use it as a grade book if
you wish.

--
Regards,
WGG