[O] interoperability matters Re: (no subject)

From: Gregor Zattler
Subject: [O] interoperability matters Re: (no subject)
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 23:15:06 +0100

Hi T.F.,
* T.F. Torrey <address@hidden> [08. Mar. 2013]:
> Plain text is great because I can do whatever I want.  What I come up
> with might not work correctly in other tools (or anything at all), but I
> have the freedom to do interesting things, and to have my files look
> just the way I want them to.

One argument against changing the headlne marker was
interoperability: Share org files with others, use other tools to
manipulate org files.  Interoperability is a product of
rules/formats/protocols.

Email is a plain text protocol too, but some headers are required
for interoperability.  It wouldn't make sense for instance for me
to use my freedom to create/change headers arbitrary, "and to
have my emails look just the way I want them to".  E.g. to use
german words Betreff, Datum, An, Von instead of Subject, Date,
To, From, only because I can --> no mail transport agent would
handle this plain text file.

Regards, Gregor