Re: [O] Quotes not being converted correctly for LaTeX export

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] Quotes not being converted correctly for LaTeX export
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 23:21:16 +0100

Hi Nicolas,

On Fri, Mar 08, 2013 at 10:28:17PM +0100, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:

> The only problem is when user doesn't load Babel at all, but still wants
> to use smart quotes. Is it meaningful? Even if it is, I suspect it is
> quite rare. So, dropping a note in `org-export-with-smart-quotes'
> docstring would be enough.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean here.  All my documents are in
English, so I rarely use babel.  But I do want my quotes to look
correct.  So I use ``..'' instead of "..".  The old LaTeX exporter used
to translate ".." to ``..'' by default, which the new one does not do.

Since "smart quote" for LaTeX is usually a necessity rather than a
preference, would it make sense to have it enabled by default for the
LaTeX backend and all other backends that derive from it?

Of course if that is not reasonable, I can always get use the filter
suggested by Jambunathan earlier in the thread.

Cheers,

--
Suvayu