Re: [O] suggestion: M-m should move point to first word on line

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] suggestion: M-m should move point to first word on line
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 17:33:29 +1030

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> Not to override `M-m' but perhaps to define "*" as a syntactic
> whitespace character.
>
> Patch attached -- use with caution.  I tested it a bit and it seems
> to work, but not all tests pass and there may be side-effects that I
> could not observe.

Bastien,

this seems to cause a problem with org-ctrl-c-minus when trying to cycle
a bullet point past +.  That is, it works if the bullet is - so you can
cycle to the next which is + but you cannot cycle past that.

I've tried this batch with org up to date a few minutes ago (ignore my
signature info below as this emacs is running a slightly older
org).  Emacs was started with -Q.

Debug trace:

,----
| Debugger entered--Lisp error: (args-out-of-range 85 88)
|   replace-match(" " nil nil "*" 1)
|   org-cycle-list-bullet(nil)
|   call-interactively(org-cycle-list-bullet)
|   org-ctrl-c-minus()
|   call-interactively(org-ctrl-c-minus nil nil)
`----

Point was at column 0 of the first item in the attached minimal org
file.

I hope that's enough info...

Thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D
: in Emacs 24.3.50.1 and Org 7.9.3e-975-g1eccd2