Re: [O] (no subject) How to sort agenda by timestamps (scheduled/deadlin

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: Re: [O] (no subject) How to sort agenda by timestamps (scheduled/deadline)?
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 07:02:59 -0500

Martin Beck <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Bernt,
> thanks for your help - so if you can not make it work, I assume that it's not
> possible yet?

I didn't spend a lot of time on this so I wouldn't give up just yet.
The thing I couldn't get to work was automatically starting column view
in my block agenda.  I can still manually do that with C-c C-x C-c

> I tried your code - it does what it promises.. however, you're right,
> it's not
> yet what I need:
> I'd need Priority A and B in one view (table),
> then sorted
> * Prio A first
> * Prio B second
> lines sorted by date descending (newest first) .. would that be possible?

I think that should be possible.

> If I understand the problem right, I can get the deadline/scheduled
> information
> in the agenda only with the "agenda" commmand, not with tags-todo or anything
> else? This is a pity.

In column view you can see the data in any agenda view.  Dates are
normally only displayed in the "agenda" view which includes the
time grid.  This would only show past due and past scheduled items and
deadlines within deadline warning period.

> So theoretically, I'd have to use this agenda command and then tweak the
> sorting
> function to arrange items by Prio first and then by date?
> (That's what I tried already, based on your setup, but I was not able to make
> it
> work yet..)

Is column view in the agenda acceptable? I don't know of another way to
display the deadline and schedule information you want.

I can take another look at this over the weekend id you like.

Regards,
Bernt