Re: [O] Wish: switch active time-stamps to inactive when CANCELED

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: [O] Wish: switch active time-stamps to inactive when CANCELED
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 17:05:38 +0100

* Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:
> Karl Voit <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Oh, I would have guessed this algorithm overview/principle as well
>> :-)
>
> It is more than an algorithm overview/principle: there are specific
> suggestions in there - which hook to use, the state variable that you
> need to check and the function to toggle the timestamp type are the
> "real" thing: nothing vaporous about them.

Agreed!

>> But unfortunately, I know that little of ELISP, that I am not able
>> to implement it by myself :-(
>
> Time to learn some then - and there is no better way than scratching
> your own itch :-)

Also: agreed! Problem is my workload and ... time.

ELISP is nothing you can learn in a single weekend. I've got the
feeling that this is a task that requires a longer period of time.
It's in SOMEDAY state in my Org along with:

- http://nic.ferrier.me.uk/blog/2012_07/tips-and-tricks-for-emacslisp
- http://cjohansen.no/an-introduction-to-elisp
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elisp
- 58min [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v%3DYMYehD9JD-Y&feature%3Drelated][LISP
PROGRAMMING INTRODUCTION LECTURE ONE]]
- 9min [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v%3DM-BFgErib4k&feature%3Drelated][An
Brief Introduction to LISP - Pt 1, Syntax]] (1/4+)

--
Karl Voit