Re: [O] [BUG] `org-load-noerror-mustsuffix´ is n ot defined, introduced

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] [BUG] `org-load-noerror-mustsuffix´ is n ot defined, introduced by 5484a33b
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 12:44:05 -0500

Eric Schulte <address@hidden> wrote:

> Bastien <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:
> >
> >> Even with the addition of that autoload statement I get the same error
> >>
> >>   let: Symbol's function definition is void:
> >>   org-load-noerror-mustsuffix
> >
> > Do you have any Org function called before (require 'org)?
> >
> > `org-load-noerror-mustsuffix' is part of org-macs.el which is
> > required in org.el.
>
> The attached init.el is sufficient to trip this error (note: I do have a
> recent Org-mode version installed through ELPA, which is initialized
> before the init.el is run).
>
> (add-hook 'after-init-hook
>  `(lambda ()
>     (require 'org)
>     (load-file "~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org.el")
>     (org-reload)))
>
> Sadly I have no backtrace to share, even starting with --debug-init, I
> only get the following in my *Messages* buffer (and no *Backtrace*
> buffer).
>
>   let: Symbol's function definition is void: org-load-noerror-mustsuffix

So, which org-macs are you loading? If the (require 'org) loads the ELPA
org-macs (which presumably does not have the macro), then the (load-file
...) will not reload it (and even if it did, it would probably get the
ELPA one again). What happens if, after the (require 'org), you delete
org-macs from the features list, set the load path to pick up things
from ~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp, load org.el and then try the
org-reload?

Nick