Re: [O] [BUG] `org-load-noerror-mustsuffix´ is n ot defined, introduced

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] [BUG] `org-load-noerror-mustsuffix´ is n ot defined, introduced by 5484a33b
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 16:44:23 -0700

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Eric,
>
> Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Retracted.  This only works because,
>>
>>   (add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/")
>>   (require 'org)
>>
>> Does not in fact load up the newest version of Org-mode.
>
> How did you check?
>
> You don't have the error about the missing function anymore, right?
>
>> I'm surprised I'm the only person experiencing this problem.  Can anyone
>> else reproduce this locally?  To re-iterate, with no Org-mode installed
>> through ELPA, and with a clean (either with or without running make)
>> checkout of the master branch start up an "Emacs -Q", and then evaluate
>> the following in your scratch buffer.
>>
>>   (load-file "path/to/org-mode/lisp/org.el")
>
> When you use Org from git, you need to run make autoloads at least.
> Otherwise, yes, autoloads will not be correct.

Alright, after adding the autoload declaration to the above function,
and running "make autoloads" in the checked out Org-mode directory, I am
able to load org.el successfully.  I just committed this change.

I guess we inherited the need to run "make autoloads" when we got rid of
org-install.el?

Perhaps the Org-mode build [1] page (the target of the "installing Org
mode" link at the top of the home page) shouldn't start with the
sentence "Org can be run directly from sources".

Thanks,

Footnotes:
[1]  http://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-build-system.html

--