Re: [O] remote execution in heterogeneous environment

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] remote execution in heterogeneous environment
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 18:30:30 +0100

Hi Michael,

thanks for offering your help!

The first step is to clone the repository:

~$ git clone git://orgmode.org/org-mode.git

You are in the master branch, the one we use for latest developments.
The other branch is "maint", the one we use for bug fixing.  The next
version of Org, 7.9.3 will be released from maint, the next major
version from master.

>From the org-mode repo, simply run "make test": it will compile the
files and run the test suite.

To debug the tests, go to the "testing/" directory, load org-*.el
files, then find the failing tests in testing/lisp/.

Since there are many tests affected, my guess is that some top-level
testing function (either in testing/ or testing/lisp) is not up to date.

If you have any other question, let us know.

Also, if you can send patches here first next time, that'd of
*great* help!

Best,

--
 Bastien