Re: [O] Question re. Bernt's agenda setup

From: Manish
Subject: Re: [O] Question re. Bernt's agenda setup
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 23:23:34 +0530

On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 12:25 PM, Bernt Hansen wrote:
> Viktor Rosenfeld writes:
>
>> Alan Schmitt wrote:

>>> I managed to make this work, but if I run the command in the agenda I
>>> need to refresh it afterwards (using 'g'). Are you seeing the same
>>> thing?
>>
>> Yes, unfortunately. I think I remember that it used to refresh the
>> agenda automatically. This is above my pay grade, I'm afraid.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Viktor
>>

>>> And I also want to say I have learned a lot implementing the suggestions
>>> in that document.
>>>
>>> Alan
>
> I have also noticed this in Windows at work and actually toyed with the
> idea of dropping the commands from the agenda that don't refresh
> properly anymore ... but quickly found I can't live without that
> functionality.  So I too am doing 'g' to refresh as required ATM.
>
> If I figure out a fix I'll post that.

Meanwhile after wasting a couple of hours trying to make it work with
AutoHotKey, I just recorded an Emacs macro, named and dumped it and tied
it to a keychord. Following seems to be working well for me:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
;; work around for V not refreshing on Windows
;; use when in agenda after F12-SPC
(global-set-key (kbd "C-<f7>")
                (fset 'my-next-project
                      (lambda (&optional arg) "Keyboard macro."
                        (interactive "p")
                        (kmacro-exec-ring-item (quote ("Vg\274" 0 "%d")) arg))))
#+end_src

Cheers
Manish