Re: [O] From latest maint/master, no need to (require 'org-install)

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: [O] From latest maint/master, no need to (require 'org-install)
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2012 15:54:56 +0200

On 02/10/12 15:15, Bastien wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> there is no need to (require 'org-install) anymore from the maint and master
> branches.
>
> When using the Org distribution that comes with Emacs, Emacs will add Org's
> autoloaded core
> functions to [emacs]/lisp/loaddefs.el and the rest of the autoloaded
> functions to
> [emacs]/lisp/org/org-loaddefs.el.  This is an improvement over the present
> situation, where
> *all* autoloaded functions where added to Emacs' loaddefs.el -- too much.
> This is not yet in
> Emacs trunk but will be in Emacs 24.3.
>
> When getting Org as a .tar.gz/.zip archive file, you'll have a file
> org-loaddefs.el in the
> lisp/ directory -- this file is now loaded when org.el is loaded.
>
> When getting Org from ELPA (either "org" or "org-plus-contrib"),
> org-loaddefs.el will also be
> in the load-path.
>
> When getting Org from git, you *HAVE* to created org-loaddefs.el with `make
> autoloads' (which
> is also run by a simple `make'), otherwise some needed functions will not be
> autoloaded.
>
> You can check whether org-loaddefs.el has been correctly been loaded with M-x
> org-version RET.

But how do I see it? I get:

Org-mode version 7.9.2 (release_7.9.2-352-g7f74da.dirty @
/home/rkrug/.emacs.d/org-mode/lisp/) [2
times]

I am getting confused.

I use org mode from git, and my update script for org from git is:

#!/bin/sh
cd ~/.emacs.d/org-mode-git/org-mode

git checkout master
git fetch --tags origin

# git clone git://repo.or.cz/org-mode.git
git pull
git gc

git checkout master

make clean
make
make autoloads
make doc
make info

# make install

Is this OK, or should I change something in the script? Or switch to ELPA
(emacs 24.2.1)?

Rainer