[O] Problem: Moving rows in a table changes vsum start and end

From: Torsten Wagner
Subject: [O] Problem: Moving rows in a table changes vsum start and end
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 17:37:46 +0900

Hi,

I just notice a funny row-shift effect, having a table with a field
calculated by vsum.

| Nr. | value |
|-----+-------|
|   1 |     5 |
|   2 |     5 |
|   3 |     5 |
|   4 |     5 |
|   5 |     5 |
|   6 |     5 |
|-----+-------|
| Sum |    30 |
#+TBLFM: @8$2=vsum(@address@hidden)

now shift (sort) the rows by using M-arrowup and M-arrowdown

| Nr. | value |
|-----+-------|
|   1 |     5 |
|   6 |     5 |
|   5 |     5 |
|   3 |     5 |
|   4 |     5 |
|   2 |     5 |
|-----+-------|
| Sum |    10 |
#+TBLFM: @8$2=vsum(@address@hidden)

Check, the #+TBLM:-line changed too! This might be desired sometimes
but might also trouble people if they do not give careful attention.

I know someone could do

| Nr. | value |
|-----+-------|
|   1 |     5 |
|   6 |     5 |
|   5 |     5 |
|   3 |     5 |
|   4 |     5 |
|   2 |     5 |
|-----+-------|
| Sum |    30 |
#+TBLFM: @8$2=vsum(@address@hidden)

But still I feel that people can too easily trap into wrong calculus.

One solution, I could see is then whenever forms change
"automagically" highlight this changes within the TBFM line, e.g.,  by
a change of the background color in a similar way like matching
parenthesis. That might help to make people more aware of it and shows
which equations are affected by the current operation.

All the best

Torsten