Re: [O] orgmode + evernote, anyone using it? Use cases?

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] orgmode + evernote, anyone using it? Use cases?
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 11:27:33 +0800

On Wed, Sep 26 2012, Alan Schmitt wrote:

>>     Alan> Do you have a reliable system to link to emails? I've been
>>     Alan> working on this and I'm not too satisfied yet.
>>
>> Not sure what you mean by reliable. I use offlineimap to sync my mail
>> to a local dovecot which I access by tunneling gnus to it. This means
>> I can access emails anywhere, like on a plane.
>
> Sorry I wasn't clear. I have the same setup. My question is: how do you
> get a link from org to gnus that still works even if messages are moved
> around. I tried nnregistry but it stopped working after I upgraded to
> Emacs 24.2, so I'd be happy for other solutions.

I'm using the gnus registry for exactly this, and it works fine
(development version of gnus). It's not called 'nnregistry' here, could
they be different things? I'm just calling

(gnus-registry-initialize)

And then setting some relevant variables -- works like a charm.

GNU Emacs 24.2.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.4)
 of 2012-09-16 on pellet
7.9.1