Re: [O] Erroneous "No such file or directory" with babel and remote dir

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Erroneous "No such file or directory" with babel and remote dir
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 09:14:05 +0200

Hi Loris,

"Loris Bennett" <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks, Achim, that worked.  But what exactly does it do?

let me try -- I'm confident Achim will correct me if I'm wrong
or incomplete.

`make autoloads' creates two files in your lisp/ directory:

- org-install.el
- org-version.el

The first one declares the functions and macros that should be
autoloaded with this version of Org.  Those functions/macros are
always accessible, even when the library that contain them is not
explicitely loaded.  Calling one of those functions/macros will
load the library.  See the Emacs manual for further details.

The second one defines the correct version for your Org distrib
and it is further checked by (org-version).

If it does not exist, systems that have Git will try to infer the
version number from Git (checking against the latest tag, which is
always of the form "release_X.X[.X]".

If org-version.el has not been created and Git is not available,
you will end up with a "N/A" version number.

Note that org-version.el and org-install.el are both included in
the .tar.gz/.zip distribution files.

HTH,

--
 Bastien