Re: [O] conditional export based on babel result

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] conditional export based on babel result
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2012 12:08:19 -0600

Andreas Leha <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> is there a possibility to exclude (or include) parts of the document
> based on some babel source block result?
>
> First some use case:
> Say, I am doing a statistical test.  And only if the test turns out to be
> significant, a follow-up analysis is carried out.
>
> Is that possible?
>
> One thinkable and ugly option would be to allow lisp-generated tags like
> in this dummy example:
>
> #+begin_org
>
> * The Test
> #+name: sometest
> #+begin_src R
>   test_result <- 0.03
> #+end_src
>

> ** export maybe (if (< (string-to-number (sbe sometest)) 0.05) ":export:"
> ":noexport:")
> The follow-up
>
> #+end_org
>

> Regards,
> Andreas

Hi Andreas,

When doing something this complex you may just want to write your own
function which could say... take a subtree ID and a boolean flag as
arguments and then set the export flag on that subtree as appropriate.

The org-id-goto and org-toggle-comment functions may help in
implementing this function.

Best,

--
Eric Schulte