Re: [O] [GSoC] Org Merge Driver Update

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] [GSoC] Org Merge Driver Update
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 21:15:29 +0100

Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm very excited to start using this merge driver.  I've put together an
> Arch Linux User Repository (aur) package, which can be used by Arch
> Linux users to install the org-merge-driver with pacman.  It is
> available at [1], if others find it useful and if Andrew doesn't object
> I'd be happy to push it into the official aur database.  It is very
> simple and installs directly from git.

you should add gnulib, it would seem (as a makedepends?).  At least
gnulib-tool isn't on my system.

makedepends=('git' 'autoconf' 'gnulib')

Also, installing local is kind of non-default (IMO). . .

$ pacman -Ql org-merge-driver
  org-merge-driver /usr/
  org-merge-driver /usr/local/
  org-merge-driver /usr/local/bin/
  org-merge-driver /usr/local/bin/org-merge-driver
  org-merge-driver /usr/local/share/
  org-merge-driver /usr/local/share/doc/
  org-merge-driver /usr/local/share/doc/org-merge-driver/
  org-merge-driver /usr/local/share/doc/org-merge-driver/README

Thus, conditional on my taste I'd build like:

  ## Build
  msg "Building..."
  cd $_gitname
  gnulib-tool --add-import
  autoreconf -i
  ./configure --prefix=/usr ## added prefix
  make

It's also encouraged to use -git in the name, but I don't always
follow it. . .

I have a couple of local org `addons' that I never managed to push to
the AUR, but I encourage you to push the merge drive.

BTW: I would have never seen that I can use this for my hg had you not
published the package here!

–Rasmus

--
Don't panic!!!