Re: [O] The "problem" with `flet' in Org-mode and (future) Emacs 24.2

From: Vladimir Lomov
Subject: Re: [O] The "problem" with `flet' in Org-mode and (future) Emacs 24.2
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 21:33:57 +0900

Hello,
** Eric Schulte [2012-07-18 22:13:45 -0600]:

> Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

>> Eric Schulte writes:
>>> This attached alternate patch introduces two new compatibility macros
>>> named `org-flet' and `org-labels' in org-macs.el.  These macros are
>>> aliased to the appropriate cl macro depending on the version of Emacs in
>>> use.

>> Wouldn't you want to use defmacro instead of defalias?

> Why?  Using `defalias' seems simpler because with `defmacro' I would
> have to copy the macro arguments and stub out a trivial macro body.
> Also, this way the version check only happens once (at load time),
> rather than every time the macro is called.

>> Also, I'd think that these two macros should go into org-compat.el
>> instead of org-macs.el.

> Agreed, I forgot about org-compat.  The alternate patch below moves
> these definitions from org-macs.el to org-compat.el.

> Thanks,

[...]

This is interesting, but seems not fully functional. After applying
patch I tried export to html but got

Symbol's function definition is void: matches

I'll compare your and mine patches later.

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes.
                -- Dr. Warren Jackson, Director, UTCS