Re: [O] new exporter

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] new exporter
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 20:32:04 +0200

Nicolas Goaziou writes:
> In fact, I do get the errors from a "make test" but I don't know how to
> reproduce them from emacs.

For starters you could try to run Emacs like "make test" does, but
remove "-batch".  This error somehow seems to involve that the test
always returns "'left 'left 'right" rather than what the tests expects.

> Also, I cannot determine when they appeared for the first time: I tried
> various points back in time, but they always seem to be present.

Yes, that has been my impression as well.  Again, I can make them go
away by removing one of the byte-compiled files, so I rather suspect
another case of a macro expansion that's not quite what was intented.
Only this time I really don't see from the backtrace what that would be.

>> Tracebacks for the two new test errors:
>
> The two new errors should be gone. Thank you.

Thanks.  I meanwhile had figured that the limit parameter was missing,
but not if it should always be (point-max).  However since you did make
that mistake yourself, maybe you could reconsider the function signature
and perhaps making limit optional and replacing it with (point-max) if
not present (reads as nil)?  It seems that it would unclutter the code
for the typical use...

Regards,
Achim.