Re: [O] new latex exporter questions

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] new latex exporter questions
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 16:50:01 +0200

Hello,

Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala <address@hidden> writes:

> I have file local variables like this
>
> # Local Variables:
> # org-latex-to-pdf-process: ("pdflatex -interaction nonstopmode %b"
> "/usr/bin/bibtex %b" "pdflatex -interaction nonstopmode %b" "pdflatex
> -interaction nonstopmode %b")
> # reftex-default-bibliography: ("/home/yagnesh/git/bib/")
> # eval: (reftex-mode 1)
> # org-inlinetask-export: nil
> # org-e-latex-pdf-process: ("pdflatex -interaction nonstopmode %b"
> "/usr/bin/bibtex %b" "pdflatex -interaction nonstopmode %b" "pdflatex
> -interaction nonstopmode %b")
> # org-e-latex-format-inlinetask-function: (lambda nil "")
> # End:
>

> - old exporter is running fine pdf processes fine, I get the citations and
>   bibliography. but new exporter is failing to export bibliography. I was not
>   sure how to debug this.

I'm not sure about it. Could you provide an ECM for that? Also, is the
LaTeX code produced by the exporter (with 'L') correct?

> - new exportor asking for confirmation every time I re export to latex.
>   how can I stop that.?
>
>   --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
>   paper.tex changed on disk; really edit the buffer? (y, n, r or C-h)
>   --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I don't have that behaviour here. Maybe that's something in your config?

> - I bound few variables using #+BIND:. exporter randomly asking for safety
> confirmation
>   about binding. ( I don't know why it is random)

It should ask only once, the first time you export the buffer. Doesn't
it?  Anyway, you can customize `org-export-allow-BIND' to change this.

> - Inline tasks., how can i stop exporting  inline tasks.? you can see
>   above I tried to define `org-e-latex-format-inlinetask-function' and its not
>   working.

Your `org-e-latex-format-inlinetask-function' is ill-defined (wrong
number of arguments).

You can try:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
# org-e-latex-format-inlinetask-function: (lambda (&rest args) "")
#+end_src

or

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
# org-e-latex-format-inlinetask-function: ignore
#+end_src

or

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
#+BIND: org-e-latex-format-inlinetask-function ignore
#+end_src

You can also use filters to never export inlinetasks in e-latex
bac-kend:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(defun my-ignore-inlinetask-filter (inlinetask backend info)
  (unless (eq back-end 'e-latex) inlinetask))

(add-to-list 'org-export-filter-inlinetask-functions
'my-ignore-inlinetask-filter)
#+end_src

Eventually, you can disable inlinetasks in _every_ back-end with:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(add-to-list 'org-export-filter-inlinetask-functions 'ignore)
#+end_src

Note that, in any case, `org-inlinetask-export' is ignored on purpose:
there are already enough (and more consistent) ways to do it.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou