Re: [O] How to make ECM for new exporter?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] How to make ECM for new exporter?
Date: Sat, 05 May 2012 20:19:04 +0200

Hello,

address@hidden (Thomas S. Dye) writes:

> I'm starting now to work out the port to the new exporter.  I first
> tried the new LaTeX exporter, which stops with this error:
> Symbol's value as variable is void: value

It should be fixed in master.

> The new html exporter exports the file without error.
>
> The new ascii exporter stops with this error:
> concat: Wrong type argument: wholenump, -7

Hmm, probably something related to tables.

> I used toggle-debug-on-error with the hope that I'd be able to find the
> problem, but the voluminous output doesn't give me any clues I can
> understand.
>
> Here's my question:
>
> Is there a better way for me to find the error than bisecting with
> :noexport:?

You can bisect buffer by narrowing it and exporting the narrowed part.
You don't even have to limit yourself to headings.

Don't hesitate to send me the backtrace or, even better, the faulty part
of the document.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou