Re: [O] mail integration, advice?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [O] mail integration, advice?
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 17:38:38 +0200

Carson Chittom <address@hidden> writes:

>> - fast search and easy-to-manage virtual folders of some kind -- I
>> see mu and notmuch are very strong on both these fronts
>
> I'm looking to set up mairix, which Gnus supports, but I haven't yet.
> Mairix itself though just needs mail in Maildir or mbox formats, from
> what I understand.

If you talk to an IMAP or Gmane nntp server (remote or a local dovecot),
you can simply hit `G G' on a group to search it without having to
configure anything (in recent Gnus versions).  Almost all IMAP servers
index at least to/from/subject for fast searches, and some also have
fulltext search plugins (e.g., dovecot has one).

Bye,
Tassilo