Re: [O] Bug: "SCHEDULED: " positioning is fragile [7.8.06 (release_7.8.0

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: "SCHEDULED: " positioning is fragile [7.8.06 (release_7.8.06.181.ga481)]
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 17:05:37 +0200

Hi Dave,

Dave Abrahams <address@hidden> writes:

> I want the rule to be that you can have as much body text as you want
> between the headline and the SCHEDULED: line.

This won't happen.

> Or failing that, I'd like
> org's default keybindings to make it really hard to insert text between
> the headline and SCHEDULED:.  Any typing in that area should, by
> default, force the point to jump after SCHEDULED:

Yes, this is a possibility.  The other possibility is to store SCHEDULED
and DEADLINE information in a drawer.

In both cases, this requires a careful discussion.

As I cannot spend this time right now, the helper function to fix
misformatted subtrees is better than nothing.  And unless there is
a Global Internet Strike (©) requesting this issue to be fixed,
I think we should live with it -- or make a collective effort.

> Thanks, I think... but I can't tell if everybody is missing my point.
> I've been trying to argue for something that doesn't allow mistakes to
> happen in the first place.

I understand.

But again: the mistake happens for people who move this line manually
and for poeple who don't read the manual.

Thanks for your understanding!

--
 Bastien