Re: [O] Sort order of TODO entries

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: Re: [O] Sort order of TODO entries
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 10:52:05 -0500

Detlef Steuer <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear ORGers.
>
> recently I started to priorize my TODO items.
> (May be that implies failure of my GTD setup, but I don't want to
> discuss that ... )
>
> I found org sorts TODOs in the following way in my agenda view:
>
> TODO [#A]
> TODO [#B]
> TODO/WAITING
> TODO [#C]
>
> I don't understand the reasoning in putting TODOs without priority or
> WAITING without priority before priority #C.
>
> Conceptually "no priority" (for me) means "not decided how important or
> not important at all, but would like to work on it", In contrast "#C"
> means "must be done, but do #A and #B first".

They don't have 'no priority' -- they have the default priority which is
probably [#C].  You can set the default using variables.

See:
org-default-priority
   The default priority of TODO items.
org-highest-priority
   The highest priority of TODO items.  A character like ?A, ?B etc.
org-lowest-priority
   The lowest priority of TODO items.  A character like ?A, ?B etc.

You're free to change the default to Z or something as long as you also
set org-lowest-priority appropriately.

Regards,
Bernt