Re: [O] A presentation tool for org-mode

From: Takaaki ISHIKAWA
Subject: Re: [O] A presentation tool for org-mode
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 08:53:24 +0900

Dear Elic,

> This looks like a fun presentation option.

Thank you very much!!

> headline in my Org-mode file.  I was using this file [1].  It is
> possible that this is not the file structure expected by org-tree-slide?

I took a short video to share a presentation by org-tree-slide
with your org file. Please find the following.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2440/org-tree-slide/Voila_Capture12.mov
(about 45[s]. 0-30[s]:simple profile, 30-end:presentation profile)

You can find a slide number in mode line like [1/6].
If you set `org-tree-slide-skip-done' is ON, it will [0/0].
Which means there is no "the next" slide.

Could you check the status? or tell me your Emacs version, OS, and Org-mode
version.
I have verified org-tree-slide with Emacs23, Mac/suse, org 6.33 or higher.

> I wonder if you are familiar with epresent [2].  It is very similar to
> org-tree-slide as they are both minimal presentation frameworks build to
> run off of Org-mode documents from within Emacs.

Yes! I found it in this mailing list last year. It's very simple and good
visual.

The org-tree-slide has not only "presentation" function but also "TODO Pursuit"
like [*1].
If you use narrowing/widen frequently. This elisp is probably good for you too.
Please try M-x `org-tree-slide-narrowing-control-profile'.

> If you find time it would be great to add mention of org-tree-slide on
> the relevant worg page [3], so that future Orgers looking for
> presentation options won't miss this tool.

Thanks! I will do that as you say :-)

[*1] 15.3.1 Narrowing To A Subtree With Bh/Org-Todo
http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html

Best regards,
Takaaki Ishikawa