Re: [O] A presentation tool for org-mode

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] A presentation tool for org-mode
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 09:23:51 -0700

Hi Takaaki,

This looks like a fun presentation option.

I just tried out org tree slide and while it appeared to launch
successfully, highlighted the title of my first subtree, and presented
me with a nice /slide/ effect, I was unable to move on from the first
headline in my Org-mode file.  I was using this file [1].  It is
possible that this is not the file structure expected by org-tree-slide?

I wonder if you are familiar with epresent [2].  It is very similar to
org-tree-slide as they are both minimal presentation frameworks build to
run off of Org-mode documents from within Emacs.

If you find time it would be great to add mention of org-tree-slide on
the relevant worg page [3], so that future Orgers looking for
presentation options won't miss this tool.

Thanks for sharing,

Takaaki ISHIKAWA <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear all,
>
> Hi.
>
> I'm writing a presentation tool for Org-mode named `org-tree-slide'.
> This elisp will help you when a live editable presentation is required.
> And it is also possible to access TODO items sequentially with narrowing.
>
> Since org-tree-slide treats a tree as a single slide by org-narrow-to-subtree,
> it is different from an exporter to HTML and other presentation tools
> customized
> for good visualization. To move between slides, just type <left> and <right>.
>
> Please find org-tree-slide and review it.
>
> You can download from the following direct link:
> https://raw.github.com/takaxp/org-tree-slide/master/org-tree-slide.el
>
> org-tree-slide is a minor mode for Org-mode.
> I recommend that these key bindings are set into your .emacs.
>
> (global-set-key (kbd "<f8>") 'org-tree-slide-mode)
> (global-set-key (kbd "S-<f8>") 'org-tree-slide-skip-done-toggle)
>
> Preset profiles are defined in org-tree-slide.
> 1. `org-tree-slide-simple-profile'            ; Simple use
> 2. `org-tree-slide-presentation-profile'      ; Presentation use
> 3. `org-tree-slide-narrowing-control-profile' ; TODO Pursuit with narrowing
> These functions set user variables for each using scenario.
> You can find more detail in the file.
>
> I hope this will help you and I'm waiting for your comments.
>
> Best regards,
> Takaaki Ishikawa
> @takaxp

Footnotes: