Re: [O] Refresh of http://orgmode.org

From: Martyn Jago
Subject: Re: [O] Refresh of http://orgmode.org
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 13:10:54 +0000

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear all,
>
> I made a small refresh of the website.
>
> http://orgmode.org
>
> - random quote (taken from worg/org-quotes.org)
> - random screenshot
> - twitter feed
> - g+/flattr/fb buttons
> - french translation (http://orgmode.org/fr/)
>
> If you want to help with the translation in your language,
> please send your public key and I will give you push access.
> This is just a bunch of .org files, only 1 hour needed to
> translate the whole website.
>
> Hope you like it!

I personally really like the new look (on a 19" Wide-screen Safari browser under
OSX). It looks really clean, organized, and professional.

I tended to think the original page held just too much information, as a
landing page - i.e. for a potentially new Org-user who is making there
first steps into researching Org-mode.

Incidentally, it also looks really good on the Ipad (safari), where the
left-hand
column links work just fine.

Best, Martyn