Re: [O] Refresh of http://orgmode.org

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] Refresh of http://orgmode.org
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 08:10:39 -0700

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Eric,
>
> Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> The attached three patches to the orgweb repository change the CSS for
>> smarter rendering on narrow screens (they don't address screen
>> height).
>>
>> The changes include...
>> - scale down images on narrow screens
>> - decrease the width of the left link bar on narrow screens
>> - decrease the padding around the title on narrow screens
>> - shrink the paypal link on smaller screens -- I would like to move this
>>   button on really small screens, but somehow that doesn't seem possible
>> - remove the Org-mode image on really small screens
>> - remove the twitter feed on narrow screens -- for some reason I was
>>   unable to change the size of this widget, so I just hide it on a tiny
>>   screen
>
> Looks fine - thanks!
>
>> These changes make the new website work on my system, and should improve
>> the reading experience for everyone who keeps their browser screens less
>> than 1400 pixels wide.
>>
>> If these look good please apply them.
>
> I don't understand the first patch, as there should be no index.html in
> the git repository.

Exactly, that is why it is ignored. :)

I did this mainly so that I could export index.org to generate a base to
work off of (before I had the project description you just send in
another email).

Should the publish project definition be added to the orgweb repository
in a non-exporting file, so that anyone can build the site locally for
testing?

> The two others don't apply.  There seem to be blank lines where there
> should not.  Can you resent them?

Since you seem to like the changes listed above I've just pushed these
patches up directly, so they should now be applied.

Best -- Eric

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/