Re: [O] Babel Tangling Only Blocks Under One Heading in a File with Mult

From: Ian Barton
Subject: Re: [O] Babel Tangling Only Blocks Under One Heading in a File with Multiple Blocks.
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 14:02:36 +0000

On 22/11/11 13:46, Rainer M Krug wrote:

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 2:36 PM, Ian Barton <address@hidden
<mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    I am using org to keep configuration files for my various servers. A
    typical file might look like:

    * Postfix
    ** main.cf <http://main.cf>
    #+BEGIN_SRC sh :tangle
    ~/dropbox/configuration_files/__wilkesley.org/postfix/main.cf
    <http://wilkesley.org/postfix/main.cf> :exports none :noweb yes

    #+END_SRC
    ** master.cf <http://master.cf>

    * Dovecot
    ** dovecot.conf

    Mostly I only change one configuration file and don't need to tangle
    every block in my org file. Is there any method to only tangle files
    under a particular heading? Thus I could regenerate just my Postfix
    config files and not my Dovecot ones.

Check org-narrow-to-subtree - you can narrow to subtree and then tangle.

Cheers,

Thanks, that does the job nicely.

Ian.