Re: [O] BABEL --> PROPERTY?

From: Michael Hannon
Subject: Re: [O] BABEL --> PROPERTY?
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 12:03:48 -0800 (PST)

>> [...]
>> (1) Does "deprecated" mean that the BABEL line will be gone from Org-mode
>> 7.8?

> Yes.

Hi, Seb.  Thanks for confirming this.

>> (2) I typically use the following BABEL line:
>>
>> #+BABEL: :session *R* :cache yes :results output verbatim :exports both
>> :tangle
>>
>> How would I express that using the PROPERTY syntax?
>
> #+PROPERTY:  session *R*
> #+PROPERTY:  cache yes
> #+PROPERTY:  results output verbatim
> #+PROPERTY:  exports both
> #+PROPERTY:  tangle yes

> Note that I added a "yes" value for the "tangle" property. That was missing
> from your BABEL line.

Interesting.  This is a digression, but in my version of Emacs (23.2.1, linux,
64-bit) if I try to copy a long line -- one that extends beyond the border of
the window -- by doing, say:

    C-a C-<SPACE> C-e M-w

I don't get the whole line.  The copied text doesn't stop at the visible
border of the window, but neither does it get all the way to the end of the
line.  Hence, in some of my files the BABEL line DOES include the "yes" in
":tangle yes", but in others, where I evidently didn't pay enough attention
when doing the copy, the "yes" is missing.

Thanks again.

-- Mike