Re: [O] slow agenda view and scrolling through headlines

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] slow agenda view and scrolling through headlines
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 17:58:46 -0500

Susan Addy <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks Bernt. I checked and Linum-mode is not enabled.
>
> Also, I using emacs 22.3.1 and org-mode 7.7 (if it helps).
>

> On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 2:16 PM, Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>     Susan Addy <address@hidden> writes:
>
>     > Below is a list of my agenda command - maybe it is too long? When it
>     > is slow, it is slow no matter what TODO I am trying to compile.
>     >
>     > Any thoughts?
>     > Thank you!
>
>     If you have linum-mode enabled you should turn that off.  Others have
>     reported slow navigation when that is enabled.
>
>     HTH,
>     Bernt

There have been various discussions on agenda slowness in the past -
check the mailing list for some guesses (linum-mode, font-lock, property
inheritance, code compilation and perhaps others have been suggested as
possible causes). Sometimes the guesses pan out, sometimes not.

The most important thing you can do, imo, is to profile the code, first
when it's behaving well and then when it's behaving badly.

All you have to do is

    M-x elp-instrument-package RET org RET

run your agenda command and then

    M-x elp-results RET