Re: [O] slow agenda view and scrolling through headlines

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] slow agenda view and scrolling through headlines
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 23:20:38 -0500

Susan Addy <address@hidden> wrote:

>    I'm not sure if the machine swaps - in fact I'm not sure what you
> mean. However, I am on a macbook air running OSX 10.6.8, emacs 22.3.1,
> org 7.7. I am the only user. I have 4GB ram, 2.13 GHz intel core 2
> duo.

It probably does not swap then: you would know if it did :-)
The telltale sign is that the disk would be active all the time.

Not sure what OSX has for monitoring: I usually use vmstat
to check things like this (or the gnome system monitor applet).

In any case, it was a shot in the dark, since there is very
little light here :-)

Nick