Re: [O] Makefile restructuring

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Makefile restructuring
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 13:47:10 +0100

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:
> If byte-compile-directory is available in all versions of Emacs, then I
> could certainly use it in the Makefile.  Not sure if I can get to it
> before the weekend, but I will try it out soon-ish.

I've pushed a change to my Makefile fork that uses
batch-byte-recompile-directory, which in turn calls the equivalent of
what package manager uses.  As a bonus it now compiles much faster since
it only starts up Emacs once.

> I may be missing what the "org-macs.el issue" is, precisely.

There shouldn't be any differences between Makefiles and package
managers results now, aside from the fact that one of these runs in
batch-mode and the other not (I think).

Regards,
Achim.