Re: [O] [ANN] BREAKING CHANGE -- removing #+BABEL file-wide property lin

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] BREAKING CHANGE -- removing #+BABEL file-wide property lines
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2011 13:18:42 +0100

Hello,

Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:

> Then one should possibly also think of merging #+LATEX into #+PROPERTY -
> which I think would make it more consistent (and this is a serious
> suggestion).

Are you sure you're talking about the "#+LATEX:" keywords, allowing to
insert LaTeX code only for the LaTeX exporter? If that's the case,
I fail to see your point.

> So: all file-wide properties, #+PROPERTIES is used.

"#+PROPERTIES:" isn't really about file-wide properties, but only about
properties applying to each headline in the buffer. It's
a generalization of the property drawers. That's quite different,
actually. For example, "#+TITLE:" is a file-wide property that doesn't
belong to "#+PROPERTIES:".

In other words, a property should belong to "#+PROPERTIES" if it may
have different values for different sections.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou