[O] dependencies and schedule repeater problem

From: Sandra Snan
Subject: [O] dependencies and schedule repeater problem
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 11:17:51 +0100

What I want is that if I look at my list of things to do, and I’ve
already swept the floor and marked it as done, it shouldn’t bother me
anymore for the day, but pop up the next day.
And if I’ve swept the floor, I’ll be presented with the opportunity to
also mop the floor, if it’s been a week since last time. (And I don’t
want to mop an unswept floor. And I don’t need to mop every time I
sweep.)

This is what I have now.

I’m using GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d
scroll bars) of 2010-12-11 on brahms, modified by Debian and the
version of org-mode that came with it.

* TODO mop the floor :home:
  SCHEDULED: <2011-11-01 Tue .+1w>
** TODO sweep the floor
   SCHEDULED: <2011-11-01 Tue .+1d>

I have a custom agenda search that hides future items.
For example, expressions like
("hh" tags-todo "home+SCHEDULED=\"\"|SCHEDULED<=\"<today>\"")
deep inside org-agenda-custom-commands.

I have custom-set
 '(org-agenda-dim-blocked-tasks (quote invisible))
 '(org-enforce-todo-dependencies t)

The problem is that “sweep the floor” never gets marked done since it
has a repeater, so “mop the floor” never becomes visible.

Can I fix this problem, or can I get the desired behavior some other way?

Thank you,
Sandra

PS
“mop the floor” and “sweep the floor” are just examples and so are the
specific intervals. I have many different repeating and depending
tasks that work like this.