Re: [O] Tags included in subtree export title despite tags:nil in header

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] Tags included in subtree export title despite tags:nil in header
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 08:57:22 +0100

Hi Nick,

On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 21:07:27 -0400
Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:

> Suvayu Ali <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > In the attached patch, I use the variable org-export-with-tags to
> > check whether tags should be included or skipped in the export
> > title. However irrespective of the export options I get the value
> > not-in-toc. As a result, the tags are not included even if tags:t
> > is set.
> >
> > Is my use of org-export-with-tags incorrect? Is there something
> > else I need to do before I can use it?
> >

> Try changing the test to just
>
> +     (setq title (if org-export-with-tags
> +                     (format "%s\t%s" (match-string 3)
> (match-string 4))
> +                   (match-string 3)))
>
> This checks whether org-export-with-tags is non-nil, rather than
> checking that it is exactly t. In general, checking for nil or
> non-nil is probably a better way to go, unless there are specific
> reasons to be more specific.

That was my original attempt. But I went with the eq test since I
thought tags:not-in-toc would also imply the user doesn't want the tags
to be included in the export title.

That said, the problem I am facing is org-export-with-tags evaluates to
not-in-toc irrespective of what is set by the tags: option (see for
example the test file earlier in the thread). So effectively the test
is not checking what it is supposed to check. So I was wondering
whether I missed something I should be doing.

--
Suvayu