Re: [O] Tags included in subtree export title despite tags:nil in header

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Tags included in subtree export title despite tags:nil in header
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 21:07:27 -0400

Suvayu Ali <address@hidden> wrote:

> In the attached patch, I use the variable org-export-with-tags to check
> whether tags should be included or skipped in the export title. However
> irrespective of the export options I get the value not-in-toc. As a
> result, the tags are not included even if tags:t is set.
>
> Is my use of org-export-with-tags incorrect? Is there something else I
> need to do before I can use it?

Try changing the test to just

+       (setq title (if org-export-with-tags
+                       (format "%s\t%s" (match-string 3) (match-string 4))
+                     (match-string 3)))

This checks whether org-export-with-tags is non-nil, rather than checking
that it is exactly t. In general, checking for nil or non-nil is probably
a better way to go, unless there are specific reasons to be more specific.

Nick