Re: [O] Org-mode using enumerate properties to export to LaTeX

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Org-mode using enumerate properties to export to LaTeX
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 10:30:57 +0100

Søren Mikkelsen <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> Yes, it works perfectly when I export it into latex (and thank you for
> that). Just wondering if it was possible to do something similar
> within org-mode; a enumerate list with a prefix, e.g.:
>
>  R1. One
>  R2. Two

Ah, now I understand.  The answer is no and I imagine it would be
difficult to define a regular expression to match such cases without
catching all kinds of lines that were not intended to be lists (e.g. the
last word in a sentence that happens to end up at the start of the
line...).

However, latex does allow you to manually over-ride any item
label/number by simply specifying your own in square brackets.  e.g.

 - [R1] one
 - [R2] two

Org passes these through to the latex properly so this should do what
you want but obviously you won't have any automated procedure for
generating these labels.

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.7 (release_7.7.275.gf1fc)