Re: [O] Org-mode using enumerate properties to export to LaTeX

From: Søren Mikkelsen
Subject: Re: [O] Org-mode using enumerate properties to export to LaTeX
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 18:48:17 +0200

On 2011-09-11 15:18, Eric S Fraga wrote:
Søren Mikkelsen<address@hidden>  writes:

I am currently struggling with enumerating my numbered list with a
prefix. In org-mode I have

  1. This
  2. is
  3. a
  4. numbered
  5. list

Try putting the line

#+latex: \renewcommand{\theenumi}{R\arabic{enumi}}

before the start of the list.  This changes how latex outputs the first
level (i) enumeration counter.  Set it back afterwards to the same thing
*without* the =R= to get the default behaviour.

This is obviously a latex issue not specific to org.  For these cases,
there are some very good resources online.  e.g.

   https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikibooks/en/wiki/LaTeX/

and my all time favourite:

   http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/info/visualFAQ/visualFAQ.pdf

one of the best things about org as a writing mode is that you still
have access to most latex (and other export target) features in a
straightforward manner!

HTH,
eric

Thanks, I thought something like renewing a command could do the job. However it could be nice, if it was possible to export a list with a generic prefix on the lists.

---
/aagaard