Re: [O] [babel] Collection of code block snippets

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] [babel] Collection of code block snippets
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 09:16:16 -0600

Hi Rainer,

>>   - exporting to some backend and checking the resulting export file
>>   would either leave out some results or possibly be very brittle to
>>   small changes (e.g., changes in the exporter backend)
>>

> This might be actually be an advantage - if changes are detected, the
> exported file can be evaluated visually and added to the "aceptable
> results", either generally or for a user.

Makes sense.  Well, this process shouldn't be difficult, you could
simply export scraps.org to say scraps.html at a time when you know that
your config is working (you may have to edit parts of scraps.org).  You
can then save the resulting scraps.html file, and in the future you can
re-export scraps.org and compare the results with your reserved
scraps.html using the diff utility.  If you see more differences than
simply the date you may have problems.

> Yes - I have a few times run into problems due to my configuration file and
> only realized it later - if there would be ab org file which I could use to
> test easily my configuration directly after making the changes, life would
> have been much easier for me. This would also be useful for questions on the
> mailing list and for a kind of "quality control" for published configs on
> the web.

Is there a reason that you can't just use the existing test suite for
this purpose?  Running the test suite should be as simple as loading the
org-test.el file in org/testing/lisp/org-test.el and then calling the
`org-test-run-all-tests' function.

Best -- Eric

--
Eric Schulte