Re: [O] [babel] Collection of code block snippets

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: [O] [babel] Collection of code block snippets
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 10:19:55 +0200

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 7:13 PM, Eric Schulte <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Martyn,

Martyn Jago <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi
>
> Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:
>
> [...]
>>> >

>>> That's a good idea.  Simply running the Org-mode test suite is a good
>>> way for users to test the sanity of their local config.
>>>

>> Yes - I have a few times run into problems due to my configuration file and
>> only realized it later - if there would be ab org file which I could use to
>> test easily my configuration directly after making the changes, life would
>> have been much easier for me. This would also be useful for questions on the
>> mailing list and for a kind of "quality control" for published configs on
>> the web.
>
> In terms of running all the tests in 'batch mode' i.e. loading no
> personal configuration files (for development purposes), I have put
> together a small 'test-init.el' file to do that.

I just made three small changes to the testing framework so it is now
possible to run the test suite in batch mode with the following.

emacs -Q --batch -l path/to/org/testing/org-test.el --eval "(setq org-confirm-babel-evaluate nil)" -f org-test-run-all-tests

This sounds very promising. As I have never used a test suite (I definitely should have...), would it be possible to add a section to the manual, in the sense of "How to test your emacs configuration", or even put add a menu item into the org menu in emacs to run the test suite with the actual configuration?

Rainer

Best -- Eric

Stellenbosch University
South Africa