Re: [O] Refiling list items

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Refiling list items
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 01:03:05 +0200

Jeff Horn <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks to Florian for sharing code. Nicolas, I still think this is a
> bug. I don't doubt extending org-refile would be messy. It's above my
> head, and I realize I'm asking a lot from anyone that would tackle
> this for me, but I still think its a bug.

Where is the bug? As far as I can see, you're expecting a function
designed for headlines only to operate on list items. Am I missing the
point?

> Your workaround sounds exactly like what org-refile is designed to
> avoid. Quoting the manual:

Except that I was suggesting to turn these instructions into a function,
not doing them manually.

> Of course, I can keep working for now, and I'll try Florian's code.
> Maybe it might be adaptable to a robust function called
> 'org-refile-list-item'? Thanks for listening!

What would be the specifications of that function? Would it only send
the item at point to the end of the headline specified through the
refile interface?

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou