Re: [O] Refiling list items

From: Jeff Horn
Subject: Re: [O] Refiling list items
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 20:45:40 -0400

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 20:40, Jeff Horn <address@hidden> wrote:
> I see, thanks Nicholas. As a start, in a subjectively ideal world,
> org-refile-list-item would work on list items:
>
> 1) and their children to arbitrary depth
> 2) in the current buffer, or any agenda file
> 3) using either path-like headline specification or IDO completion
>
> But I'd settle for an in-buffer restriction like Florian used. I just
> noticed org-goto makes the manual workaround a bit easier.

I should also note that having the only valid refile *target* as a
headline would be OK. More specifically, a list item refiled to a
target headline should be placed at the highest (list) level possible
within the headline, as my OP might have suggested. It would be nice
to have child hierarchy maintained in the move, however.

I don't expect a list item to be refiled to another arbitrary list
item. As a user, I wouldn't want to navigate that completion list.

--
Jeffrey Horn
http://www.failuretorefrain.com/jeff/