Re: [O] how to change the headline starter *

From: harven
Subject: Re: [O] how to change the headline starter *
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 21:04:25 +0000 (UTC)

Achim Gratz <Stromeko <at> nexgo.de> writes:

> Bastien <bzg <at> altern.org> writes:
> > If you can go through Org's code (or motivate someone to go thru the
> > code for you) and check where the "*" is hardcoded instead of being
> > inherited from outline-mode that would help a lot, because I'm busy
> > with other changes I find more important right now.
>
> There's roughly 100 places in Org where "\\*+" is hardcoded (there may
> be false positives and negatives)

There are a lot of false positives coming from the wildcards appearing in
regular expressions. The * header seems to be hardcoded as  ?* and I get less
than 30 matches for " \\?\\*" for the 6.33 version of org-mode.

    org-archive.el.gz    1
    org-agenda.el.gz     1
    org-clock.el.gz      2
    org-datetree.el.gz   1
    org-freemind.el.gz   1
    org-habit.el.gz      1
    org-html.el.gz       1
    org-indent.el.gz     1
    org-inlinetask.el.gz 2
    org-list.el.gz       1
    org.el.gz           14

Once the sources have been downloaded and marked in *Ibuffer*, I got these
numbers using

    M-x ibuffer-do-eval RET
   (print (concat buffer-file-name "  " (number-to-string (how-many " \\?\\*")))
(get-buffer "*scratch*")) RET

I am assuming that the org files all start with a org- prefix. Am I right ?

Hope that helps